Wednesday 25 August 2010

The dangers of monogamy

It's a pretty loaded title, I realize that.

I also know how it goes. You met someone new. You spend hours discovering each other in bed. You don't call your friend as often as usual. You start every sentence with "My boyfriend said this" or "My boyfriend and I did that".

That's it. You are in a relationship.

The danger of monogamy, for my account, is that it's taking away a bit of my freedom. Of my mojo. Of myself.

See, I'm one who gets a little bit diluted each time I'm in a relationship. I tend to get involved with people who give too little, and who take too much out of me. It's one of the many reasons I try to keep an open mind and live my life thhe way I want: I'm happiest when I don't have someone to answer to.

I get it, my ways aren't for everyone. But I'm a slut. I don't care much about being loved. As long as I fuck.

1 comment:

  1. Well I think if the rules are established early and kept clear, there shouldn't be a problem. However, you shouldn't call a relationship something that only exists to fill a physical need. It's a tough balancing act but if you work at it, you can succeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy - i may reply ;)